Saturday, 8 May 2021

 CHUNNU KI KALAM SE


1.  Mera Naam Chunnu hai, Waisey to main Charanjit Arora hoon, par pyar se 'Chunnu' hi bulaya jaata hoon, main 9th Class St.Columbas School, New Delhi ka student hoon. Though young, I am quite aware of my surroundings, and of  these Convent of Jesus & Mary school girls (across the St.Columba's hedge divider), who are apparently quite cute, one must admit, Church ki Saugandh.... though I dont presently care much for them.  I think they are quite silly, really. And much over-rated! 

2.  Aaj Mummy ne Papa ko Kuttey (Dog) ke jaise Daanta (scolded), for returning home very late and drunk. Is Papa=Kutta (Dog), the right social equation/ I often wonder....is that what all successful Hindu (and Sikh) marriages are made of......that husbands have to sit quiet, when the dear wife yells. And more worrysome for me......am I too a kutta (Dog), is my main question? Or am I on my way to becoming one? How long will it take for me to become a MCP (pig) or a dog, which is better, I dont know.....if you ask me I'd prefer to be regarded as a stallion.

And why does Papa have to return home drunk, why cant he drink at home itself, peacefully, in some shady corner?

3. Hamaree (Our) family ne, few months back, ik Toy Pomerenian puppy khareeda (purchased), jiska naam rakha gaya 'Coco.' Coco is now quite an important member of our Punjabi family (middle-class) based in # 103, Dhruva Apartments, Patparganj, East-Delhi.  I suspect Papa loves the puppy a lot, nearly as much as he loves mummy. But Coco doesnt bother him as much as mummy does, at times. Moreover Coco yelps in joy when Papa returns home late from office, and licks him all over, whereas Mummy never licks him.......she only chastens and scolds him for being late..

4. But to put things straight, Jabse hamne kutta (puppy) paala (nurtured) hai, Papa aur Mummy kutte jaise itni fight nahi karte. Shayad ek jaanwar ne unhein kuch insaniyat sikha di hai; how strange, that a small puppy can teach us humans so much love and affection..

5. Animals cannot speak in a language. But sometimes it seems that Animals are more Godly than men.....uncannily in a canine way, they seem to know a bit 'more' about Creation, and they definitely have much more patience and depth than us humans. They seem to accept their destiny without demur or protest, and with peace and equanimity......this is something that even I cannot do. I love Coco's honest sad and limpid eyes, they reflect honesty, patience, warmth and truth. They resemble Yogita Bali's limpid eyes (I saw in an old magazine Papa had hidden). 

I am perceptive enough to note that Animals and dogs, never pamper their young. Rather they encourage their young to fend for themselves, from a very young age. Their parental motto is: Go forth into this big bad world, you dog, and be a Tiger, not a slinking shy jackal, let the Animal in you come to the fore...... Animals are better parents, and they are humane, while we humans are mundane.

Oh, one more thing on puppies and dogs, they do look beautiful and adorable, just as they are... they dont need Fair & Lovely cream, nor any make-up kits. They are what they are....They dont even need designer clothes, jeans or perfumes like we do.....theirs is the unadorned beauty of Truth.

For a school student I am quite savvy, though I dont know whether only brains will help me get a job, for marrying some cute little thing. I dont really know much about cute little things, yet.  Or whether they are worth marrying..... These PYTs (Pretty young things) must be thinking I am very ugly, what with my little beard and ragged uneven moustache...but I cant help being a Sardar-boy, and a not so good looking one at that!  But then, I may be kind of cute, just like Coco...

6. One last note... St.Columba's remains the best school of Delhi, not because I study there, or because Shah Rukh Khan is an Alumni of the 1984 batch, but because simply...we convent students are the best. That is what we have been taught. But St.Columba's has taught me humility too, despite everything.

(However, as an aside,  I do hope I get admission into a good engineering college like BITS Pilani, upon finishing school, I am quite worried how these lowly Govt.school boys are performing so much better than us these days, although the education standard at St.Columba's  has been proven to be so much superior to theirs!)


AND NOW FOR THE MOMENT OF TRUTH (Coco has taught me Truth); I am not Chunnu at all!

Yes, sir.

In fact I am the father of Chunnu, having adorned this garb to attract more readership, for today is the world of Advertisement, presentation, packaging, pretension, preening, publicity and more such lies. Moreover the Hindi-in-English cleverness was another clever trick of this old dog (me). However most of the other particulars are true; and not particularly false, they apply to both Chunnu and me.

I'll be back with more sequels and episodes....... (Father of Chunnu)



No comments:

Post a Comment